Note: Currently, we do not support connecting your My Client Centre (MCC) account. You must connect the specific Google Ads account that you plan to use for launching campaigns.
The following permissions for Google Ads allow our team to empower you as you scale your use with Metadata. Below we cover the value of these permissions:
- Our support team can run a leads test to ensure proper data flow between MD and Marketing automation.
- Our support team can help immediately address issues.
- Our PMM team can do quality assurance, such as checking for ad disapprovals and billing issues. Also, assist you in doing manual workarounds.
- Your CSM can see what is happening on the native channel and can then assist you in creating re-targeting audiences.
Ad Account & Page Account Permissions
Before connecting Google and Metadata, ensure that the following conditions are met within your existing Google Ads Account.
- Google Ads Account is currently active.
- Click on “Tools and Settings” (wrench icon) on the top right, then on the setup section, click on “preferences,” and make sure that you filled out your account name.
- Then, click back into “Tools and Settings,” and in the setup section, click on “Access and Security,” then proceed to the “Security” tab and add metadata.io as an allowed domain.
- When connecting Metadata, please ensure you choose your Google Ads account and not business accounts.
Now that you have the following things set up in Google Ads, we can move ahead with connecting Metadata and Google.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account
- Copy your ten-digit customer ID on your screen's upper right-hand side into an email.
- Send your customer ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you send your customer ID, be on the lookout for an email that will prompt you to accept the linking request between Metadata and your Google account.
- Within the email, click on the blue “Accept Request” button, which will take you to the access and security section of Google ads.
- In the “Access and Security” section, click on both accept and grant access.
Help and Support: Please email email@example.com if you're running into any issues.