This article will cover changing Ad Accounts and the Campaign Groups which are part of the Integrations with the different social channels.
Changing Ad Accounts
The platform will allow you to change the connected Ad Account but there are several important things to note:
- If the Ad Account changes Assets will not move to the new Ad Account and will need to be re-created. For example, audiences that were created in Account A will not move to Account B when you reconnect the different Ad Account, you will have to re-create them again.
- Campaigns that were previously running in the Ad Account will not move to the new Ad Account when you connect, so you will need to re-create them from scratch again. It is also important to note that if you change the Ad Account where campaigns are currently Live in that Ad Account it will not turn them off when you change Ad Accounts, so it is best to first turn everything off and then switch the Ad Account if absolutely necessary.
- When creating new Campaigns it is best to not duplicate existing campaigns as those were created for that specific Ad Account and you could run into errors. It is best to create everything from scratch again.
- Generally, we don't recommend changing the Ad Account unless absolutely necessary as it can cause mismatch problems noted above and you will have to re-create all assets again.
Changing Campaign Group (LinkedIn)
When connecting LinkedIn you can currently only choose one Campaign Group. If you do decide to change the Campaign Group there are a few important things to note:
- Campaigns running in the current connected Campaign Group will not change to the new Campaign Group if you change it but they will still continue to run. When you launch new campaigns they will go to the new group.
- After changing the group if campaigns were previously running in the group making changes to budgets, bids, etc for those campaigns will still work if they are already running.
- Changing the campaign group is common if you reach the limitation with LinkedIn where they only allow 2000 campaigns per campaign group, by creating a new campaign group this will allow you to launch new ones to the new group.